Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 6 Update

I haven't done the best job when it comes to updating my blog. I forgot to update last week and the week before. I have finished setting up my test network environment withing VirtualBox. I have a simple Windows Server 2012 R2 running Active Directory with three different Windows 8.1 machines connected to my domain. I also have Kali Linux setup and running in another virtual machine connected to my local LAN. I also finished setting up my PFSense router which is handling all the networking between the virtual machines. Right now I have a mini network running with my different machines and I am able to ping between all of them.

This week I continued reading about Kali and focused on Metasploit. I am still trying to learn how I can use this against the machines in my network. This week I was successfully able to create an executable file from the Metasploit framework and place it on one of my other test machines. The executable is a reverse TCP handler and when the client opens it on their machine it creates a connection back to my Kali VM and from there I am able to run commands on the remote machine.

I plan to continue working with this and see what else I can do

No comments:

Post a Comment